Appendix may be a finger-sized, thin sac or pouch structure, located at the lower end of the big intestine. it’s present within the lower right area of the abdomen. While it doesn’t play any potential role in adults, it should have an immune-function in young children. Inflammation of the appendix is thought to be appendicitis. If you’re searching for the best appendicitis surgery in Chandigarh, then this article will help you find the one.
What is appendicitis
Appendicitis is commonly confused with epiploic appendagitis, (also referred to as appendicitis epiploica or epiplopericolitis), an inflammatory condition of the massive intestine, as both these conditions cause a sudden pain within the abdomen.
What are the categories of appendicitis?
- Acute Appendicitis– Sudden appendix pain within the abdomen.
- Sub-Acute Appendicitis– The pain of acute appendicitis tends to subside spontaneously.
- Chronic Appendicitis– An old, healed acute appendicitis, shows scarring and thickening of the walls.
- Recurrent Appendicitis– Episodes of pain which re-occur after subsiding.
- Non-Obstructive Appendicitis– Not critical, however, in some cases it’s going to cause swelling and thickening of membrane that covers all abdominal organs.This is called as peritonitis
What causes appendicitis?
The exact reason behind appendicitis isn’t known, but the most cause is believed to be blockage of the appendix thanks to food or faeces or gastrointestinal infection, resulting in inflammation and swelling of the appendix.
What are the signs and symptoms of appendicitis?
Appendicitis may start with a gentle, on and off pain within the stomach that travels to the lower right side, round the location of the appendix. This pain may gradually become severe and constant.
Signs and symptoms of appendicitis may differ from person to person. The foremost common symptom is severe pain within the lower-right abdomen, other symptoms may include:
- Bloating of stomach
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Loss of appetite
- Low-grade fever (temperature ranges between 100.2˚F to 102.2˚F), may increase gradually
- Nausea and vomiting
What are the complications of appendicitis?
Appendicitis surgery in Chandigarh, if not treated in time, may cause bursting of the appendix, which may cause complications
Peritonitis and infection: Inflammation and spread of infection throughout the abdomen. Needs emergency treatment because they are often life threatening.
Abscess: Formation of localized pus within the abdomen requiring drainage.
How is appendicitis diagnosed?
Your surgeon could also be able to diagnose appendicitis by:
- Medical history; right abdominal pain (appendix pain area) being one amongst the hallmarks of appendicitis
- Physical examination including assessment of the pain by pressing specific areas of the abdomen.
- Laboratory tests:
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Imaging tests:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
How is appendicitis treated?
While selecting a hospital for appendicitis surgery in Chandigarh, search for a hospital with a trained team of surgeons, anaesthetists, nursing and support staff with infrastructure like modern operation theatres, laboratory and ICU for management of emergencies. counting on the signs and symptoms and therefore the medical condition of the patient, appendicitis could also be managed conservatively or surgically.
- Medications like painkillers and antibiotics
- Surgery: Appendectomy or appendicectomy is surgery for removal of appendix disbursed under anesthesia. It is done as an open surgery or a laparoscopic procedure.
- Laparoscopy: The infected appendix, when it’s not burst, will be removed with the assistance of key-hole surgery or laparoscopy (a tube containing a lightweight source and a camera)
- Open surgery: Recommended especially when the appendix has burst or the infection has spread within the abdomen or just in case of an abscess. one large cut or incision is formed within the abdomen and therefore the appendix is then removed.
- Abscess drainage: When the appendix has burst, and an abscess has formed around it, the doctor has to drain out the pus from the body and treat the infection with an antibiotic, before an open surgery is administered. Once the infection is resolved, the surgery is often conducted.
So, if you’re searching for the best appendicitis surgery in Chandigarh, you must visit Healing Multi-speciality Hospital as it has the best appendicitis specialist.
Latest posts by bhl (see all)
- Are you Struggling with Joint Pain? – Get Ayurveda Vaid Joint Pain Relief Kit - February 26, 2021
- Balanced Body and Balanced Life through Pilates - February 24, 2021
- Best Property in Wanneroo | Buy Sell Rent Properties in Wanneroo - February 22, 2021